Our client is a dynamic brand, marketing and advertising agency looking for an Account Manager to join their team. They plan, develop and create integrated campaigns across all channels.
The Role of Account Manager
This role is principally about running the day to day of an account and taking ownership of projects with a client although creativity, strategic and business thinking as well as possessing exceptional delivery capabilities are all central to the role.
You will be joining a company who aren’t here just to do a job, they believe people should come to work every day because they want to and because they feel part of an adventure that’s evolving every day.
At this level, strong core organisational skills are expected, even if they are still being developed and refined. It’s now about being able to apply these skills across the range of project channels with a focus on the end result, not just delivering on time.
The people who make the company such a special place to work all share the same values: being unexpected, truthful and fearless. Account Managers take every opportunity to go beyond people’s expectations to show that they are inspired by, and inspire more, than just the day to day of advertising.
As an Account Manager you will have:
- Evaluate creative work against the brief and provides motivating feedback
- Can articulate key themes within work, differentiating between strategic and executional considerations, playing back themes in simple and persuasive rationale
- Confident to present creative work
- Maintains regular contact with creative during the development of ideas, keeping them supplied with stimulus to help inspire the work
- Inspires their team and the Agency with the latest and best in creativity, in all its forms
Strategy and Business Thinking
- Recognises innovative thinking and understands the role different communications channels might present
- Understands the challenges facing the Client business and has a thorough understanding of all aspects of the brand, their consumers and competitors
- Can work with a planner to develop briefs
- When it comes to our working relationships an Account Manager is truthful
- Collaborative with teams but also visibly takes responsibility for the smooth presentation and approval of work
- Continues to develop professional and persuasive presentation skills that adapt to the audience and task and reflect personal strengths
- Begins to develop people management skills by helping to develop Account Executives, if applicable
- Analyses situations and shares this analysis early. Manages upwards by consulting before making most decisions
- Generates thoughts on possible solutions when sharing problems
- Acts as a central point of contact for Client and Agency teams on individual projects
- Talks confidently with Clients, whether it’s regarding costs or creativity
- Positively contributes to company life and culture beyond the scope of their account(s)
- Responsible for the smooth running of projects and production of campaigns, with excellent attention to detail throughout
- Able to judge priorities across several projects, managing line manager expectations accordingly
- Keeps the team updated and acts proactively
- Responsibility for ensuring (with AE) that all account admin and finance is in order and easily accessible to the team
- Helps to negotiate favourable project fees from Clients that allow the Agency to service the business properly and with targeted return
- Plans out and secures appropriate resource levels required to deliver individual projects
- Estimates and invoices accurately, with appropriate records and not commencing work without approval
- Reconciles time costs vs. income on a regular basis and takes necessary action to deliver to target and minimise write-offs
- Pro-actively seeks out opportunities for incremental revenue
- Optimistic, seeing potential, even in difficult situations
- Goes the extra mile to find solutions, improve the day to day or make work better
Working within this "family feel" organisation where everyone has a voice, along with a salary of £35,000 plus 25 days holiday and pension contribution.