Our client is a fast paced online gaming brand is seeking to hire an ATL campaign manager to help deliver the ongoing ATL strategy for the brand across different product and markets. This is a unique opportunity for a highly talented, self-motivated and experienced ATL manager, with exceptional offline marketing campaign management skills. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for managing the development and implementation of client’s offline advertising campaigns (defined as TV, Radio, OOH, Print, DM, DoorDrop) and have sole responsibility for developing and implementing the brands Responsible Gaming (RG) strategy. They will also support the London marketing team in the execution of other tactical marketing campaigns. You will report to the Head of Brand Marketing.
- Working with the internal marketing team, the Head of Brand Marketing, the internal design studio, and external advertising agencies (as required) to lead the development and execution of all relevant ATL marketing campaigns assets, based on the approved 2020 marketing communications strategy including all relevant testing and optimization.
- Offline activity is currently defined as TV, radio, sponsorship, DM/doordrop advertising – plus other offline channels as defined by the evolution of the 2020/21 media strategy
- Specifically, this will include the following:
- Writing ad hoc tactical and strategic agency briefs for all required ATL campaigns for the UK and all other required markets, across all relevant ATL channels (TV, Radio, Press, OOH, Sponsorship etc)
- Manage agency briefing and overall creative development process from briefing to ad production, ensuring all ads are delivered on time, to brief and on budget – approved by all the relevant internal stakeholders
- Work with retained media and creative agency to manage all supporting ATL admin, such as estimating/invoicing, monthly rotation plans, usage negotiations etc
- Work with creative agency to deliver all tactical ATL updates such as game changes to TVCs
- Support the digital campaign manager developing digital assets as required
- Monitor the earned media strategies of other online gaming companies (and other verticals) in order to define best practice and use that insight to drive on-going strategy improvements
- Support the head of brand marketing to develop the annual ATL comms strategy for all products across all relevant markets
- Working with stakeholders across the business and external agencies as required, lead the development and implementation of the brands Responsible Gaming strategy, including competitor audit, defining the company’s strategy, training business stakeholders in the strategy and delivering all supporting marketing and communications plans across all relevant customer touchpoints.
- Be the first point of contact for the approval of all new ATL creative from a brand consistency POV, working with the Creative Lead to review all new creative created on behalf of client and make recommendations on how improved brand consistency can be achieved.
- This includes brand guardianship for all ATL promotions and communications
- Doing monthly offline competitor reviews and benchmarking of our offline activity vs competitor activity and working with the digital campaign manager and the creative lead to create quarterly TTL brand and competitor reviews
- Manage the development and implementation of the client DM strategy, including developing campaign strategy, creative development, analyzing results and presenting performance to the management team, plus the management and reporting of the budget.
- Manage the development and implementation of client’s merchandising process, acquiring merchandise to support the annual promotional strategy, including the management and reporting of the budget.
- Manage and keep up to date the 2020 Marketing laydown, liaising with Stakeholders to ensure the data is robust and an accurate view of marketing strategy and budget is available for UK/SE/ES/CAD and any other markets
- 3-5 years’ experience in developing ATL strategies and campaign management either agency or client side.
- Specific experience managing Advertising, DM and media agencies
- Thorough understanding of ATL comms and media channels and their potential impact as acquisition and retention tools, their potential effect on brand perceptions and how ATL can support other online performance media channels
- Strong creative development experience
- Previous experience working in regulated industry with strict advertising codes sand regulatory pressure is an advantage
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to run ATL campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills
- Good understanding of UK culture and national and local media landscape
- Coming for client or agency side, a successful track record in implementing online gaming campaigns is an advantage but not mandatory
- Teamworking skills – the ability to build relationships internally and externally. Experience working with internal and external agencies (creative/Dm/design)
- Confident, with strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication, Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills. Solid attention to detail