Our client is a highly reptuable and very well established recruitment business specialising within the Fashion & Retail Sectors, currently with an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager working in their Head Office Division for retail and fashion.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for new client acquisition for the fashion head office sector in the UK & International markets. This will include producing and executing a robust annual sales plan. In addition to supporting the agency’s overall client acquisition activity, the Business Development Manager will take personal responsibility for selling and building relationships with a portfolio of Key Accounts and major account targeted business to ensure revenue objectives are met.
- To constantly monitor the marketplace to identify new prospects or reprioritise existing prospects.
- To produce (and maintain/develop in real time) a Client Acquisition Plan detailing agreed actions and responsibilities to secure new business revenue from target organisations.
- To establish and develop relationships with all relevant decision makers within customer organisations to create opportunities for FSRL to pitch or submit a proposal. This will include tailored and focussed activities to penetrate prospects; managing and leading credentials meetings; hosting client hospitality; and undertaking pre-pitch/proposal meetings.
- Maintain and constantly update an accurate database of prospect information and contact details.
- Provide accurate forecasts and detailed pipeline analysis as required.
- To map and be aware of formal reviews (including PSL review dates and pitch requests) across key prospect portfolio, take appropriate action to ensure the businesses’ inclusion in such reviews, and to plan such requests with clients and prospective clients
- In association with the Director, to evaluate each tender/bid opportunity with respect to potential revenue generation.Undertake follow up activities as appropriate, completing post tender/bid evaluation to identify reasons for success or failure and providing this knowledge to the Director.
- Act as ‘pitch strategist’ and drive the development of the strategy, assuming responsibility for the overall structure and content of the pitch/proposal. This includes managing the scoping process, defining client needs, then developing the overarching strategy to define the FSRL proposition and client solution.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of the markets and competitor activities.
- Have (develop) an excellent knowledge of the fashion/retail head office recruitment market.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of FSRL and our suite of services across temporary, contract, permanent and senior recruitment.
- Research, develop and own the international business plan
- Lead international expansion plan.Manage attendance at key business (trade) events in the UK and overseas.
Revenue generation and growth – hit or exceed agreed revenue budgets and win new clients.
Reputation and brand – ensure that FSRL is widely recognised (as a leading provider of recruitment solutions) amongst the market.
Profitability – ensure all services and placements are sold within target margins.Business planning – to work with the Director of the Head Office division to develop and execute the annual sales plan.
Sales planning – to develop and implement a bespoke sales plan/development plan for each key prospect.
Customer relationship management - to establish and develop relationships with relevant decision makers within customer organisations to create additional opportunities for our client.Undertake client service reviews on a regular basis (6m or 12m) to ensure client satisfaction.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will need to possess the following competencies:
- First class relationship building skills combined with influencing and negotiation skills.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills, and excellent presentation skills (to Board level).
- Strong grasp of commercial issues and ability to focus on profit coupled with the ability to identify and optimise opportunities for profitable and sustainable growth.
- Resilience and perseverance.
- Good understanding of the recruitment, resourcing or HR marketplace, awareness of key trends, latest developments and other factors that will positively impact on clients’ resourcing strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of FSRL’s full capability offering.
- Strong experience of sales, marketing and presentation skills.Ability to resolve issues quickly and adapt in a fast moving environment.
- Collaborative working style.
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail.
- An understanding of recruitment services would be advantageous but is not essential.
The ideal candidate should have:
A successful track record as ‘top biller’/most successful sales person over a sustained period, where you have consistently achieved/exceeded your targets, gained in a targeted, B2B solution/consultative sales environment. Ideally in the fashion/retail recruitment sector although other sectors and markets will be considered also.
Experience of scoping market opportunities.
Proven track record of building effective client relationships and influencing clients positively.
Experience of establishing internal relationships with delivery teams, ensuring the business meets and exceeds customer expectations.
Experience of selling recruitment services rather than products, would be a distinct advantage.
- £40-£50K basic plus a generous bonus scheme
- An established genuine "hot" desk to further expand and develop
- Flexible working.- part office / part home based if required
- Career opportunities within a market leading organsiation
- Training and development- personal program for improvement.
At GNB Partnership we value your application and can ensure you we all our dealings are strictly confidential.Please contact Daniela Winton on 0203 463 8653 directly or outside hours if that is more convenient on 07866 733866. We look forward to hearing from you.