This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Chief Legal and Regulatory Compliance Officer to work at board level within this dynamic and highly successful organisation.
As the Chief Legal and Regulatory Compliance Officer, you will ensure the entire groups operations, board of directors, management and employees are in full compliance with national and international laws relating to its business, as well as all regulatory compliance requirements of regulatory and licensing bodies.
Our client is driving its business to even greater heights and with their expansion and development within their specific industry sector, comes greater responsibility, in an ever-changing landscape. The Chief Legal and Regulatory Compliance Officer will be required to manage, develop and mentor existing teams in compliance, fraud and risk whilst identifying additional resources required to meet licencing objectives.
- Drafting new and review existing contracts and agreements relating to the group’s operational activities, both internally and externally.
- Compiling risk assessments and matrices across all areas of the business and developing strategies to mitigate those risks.
- Providing guidance and training to the board of directors, senior management, staff, and employees.
- Involvement in Due Diligence reviews, preparing reports on findings and advice on remedial actions.
- Reviewing, implementing and maintaining of all regulatory objectives (Anti Money Laundering, Counterterrorist financing, social responsibilities, marketing codes of practice, KYC and EDD on customers etc.)
- Review and maintain all terms and conditions of company websites ensuring they are compliant at all times.
- To develop and enforce policies and procedures to prevent illegal activities in the day to day operation of the business and be tasked with assessing the effectiveness of those policies.
- Analysing new and proposed legislation that impacts the company operation and initiate appropriate action plans.
- Reviewing and maintaining all terms and conditions of company websites ensuring they are compliant at all times.
- Developing and enforcing policies and procedures to prevent illegal activities in the day to day operation of the business and be tasked with assessing the effectiveness of those policies.
- Developing policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspicious transactions.
- Identify risks associated with the use of the Company’s proprietary software in other jurisdictions and propose mitigation plans.
- Involvement in the business's future ventures to identify possible compliance rist
- Management of the compliance training program for the business
- Co-ordinate and prepare reports for the executive team and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Address any non- compliance issues and report any breaches to the Board and Regulatory bodies
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisation.
Skills and Attributes:
To be the successful Chief Legal and Regulatory Compliance Officer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Preferably a Guernsey resident
- Legal qualification or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in a legal and compliance related role
- Experience in dealing with regulators
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to lead and work with teams in a multi-geographical environment.
- Strong organisational skills to operate effectively in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and form good working relationships at all levels.
This really is a pivotal senior board position working in a dynamic organisation with further extensive growth plans which you will help pioneer and develop.
A highly competitive salary along with share options, bonuses, benefits and so much more, including a crime free zone and fantastic lifestyle.
To apply, or simply find out more, please call Daniella Winton on 07866 733866 in the strictest confidence. (Out of hours calls are always welcome). Or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.