A market leading brand in this very exciting industry of online gambling.
Role of the Delivery Manager
To manage one or more agile projects, typically to deliver products and services that delight the players.
To be adept at delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers whilst both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail, to make things happen when needed.
To deliver needs and feed these into the overall roadmap to enable resource to be appropriately allocated, as well as forecasting teams needs. You will be core to decisions that build high performing cross discipline teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking.
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Work with the Product Manager to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories
- Work closely with the Site Reliability Team to ensure releases are planned and supported appropriately
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process - prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of your teams
- Build MVP and iterating products and services prioritising Customer needs
- Ensure the compliance of responsible gaming protocols.
In order to be successful in this role, you will be able to:
- Possess the ability and confidence to provide constructive challenge to senior management on change proposals which will affect your own business area
- Spot warning signs of things going wrong and provide a decisive response to significant delivery challenges
- Encourage a culture of innovation
- Analyse and evaluate pros and cons and identify risks in order to make decisions that take account of the wider context, including diversity and sustainability
- Identify the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding or stakeholder expectations
- Make difficult decisions by pragmatically weighing the complexities involved against the need to act
- Push decision making to the right level within your team, not allowing unnecessary bureaucracy and structure to suppress innovation and delivery
- Exemplify positive customer service behaviours and promote a culture focused on ensuring customer needs are met
- Establish how the business area compares to customer service expectations and industry best practice and identify necessary improvements in plans
- Get the best out of people by giving enthusiastic and encouraging messages about priorities, objectives and expectations
- Contribute toward processes for managing at all levels
- Review, challenge and adjust performance levels to ensure quality outcomes are delivered on time, rewarding success
- Maintain effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances, encouraging others to do the same
- Be visible to staff and stakeholders and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with people involved in area of work
- Confidently engage with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to generate commitment to goals
- Effectively manage team dynamics when working across Departmental and other boundaries
- Seek constructive outcomes in discussions, challenge assumptions, but remain willing to compromise when it is beneficial to progress.
- Gaming experience is highly desirable
- Experience in delivering digital projects and products
- Proven experience using agile project management methods
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Sound understanding of the digital landscape
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
Along with a competitive salary package our client offers on completion of probation: Private Medical Insuranc, Life Assurance, Income Protection Insurance and a whole host of other goodies.