Our client is a highly ambitious game development studio formed by an international group of professionals and game enthusiasts with broad experience in mobile, play to earn casual game development and slot games. They work with world-class artists, programmers, mathematicians and musicians to produce some of the most innovative, creative, and entertaining casino games on the market.
This is a unique opportunity to join this highly ambitious company where their agile development teams possess a variety of different skills, nationalities and personalities.
The Role of Game Designer / Senior Mathematician
Our client prides themselves on their products pushing forward the expectations of the industry and standing out in the crowd. You will be joining a team with a goal to push the online casino experience further into unexplored territory than ever before. As part of the team you will collaborate daily with producers, artists, mathematicians and fellow programmers, participating fully in the creative process.
Key Responsibilities of the Game Designer / Senior Mathematician
Our client strives to create the optimal developer experience. Since every individual has unique needs and desires they simply stay out of the way. Choose the equipment, tools and schedule that works best for you and your team.
As the Game Designer / Senior Mathematician, you will be defining the next generation of gaming by blending your industry experience with innovative mathematical logic and creativity.
You will play an important role in deciding how we work, but here is an idea of what your day will look like:
- Define the portfolio and product strategy and roadmap for upcoming games together with key stakeholders.
- Will have ownership of the roadmap and ensure all stakeholders are informed and aligned with the company product strategy.
- Innovating, You will be thinking and creating new mechanics and designs to entertain company players.
- You will be working with different teams and people to help create the next generation of leading games
- Conceptualising and implementing game designs and creating mathematical models that align with defined constraints and exhibit predetermined behavioural characteristics.
- Communicating and ensuring the implementations are aligned with the game designs.
- Implement the configurations for the game modes using company frameworks and tools.
- Execute simulations of specific game features are created to supplement the theoretical calculation.
- Test mathematical outcomes to assure quality and that accurate calculations are achieved.
- Review games and feedback to the team as they are implemented to ensure that they reflect the correct maths model, and make adjustments as needed during development to create world-class maths models.
- Analyse performance data from the marketplace to help identify future game mechanics and industry trends
- Analyse games performance post launch and provide insights about customers behaviour
Skills and Capabilities for the Game Designer / Senior Mathematician
- You have drive and a strong sense of ownership, to follow through on all tasks as required.
- You are communicative and team oriented, with the necessary social skills to manage a team.
- You organise ‘design thinking’ processes in a way in which everyone can be creative.
- You have the ability to separate good game ideas from the great ones!
- Slot machine game mathematical design, primarily focused on slots and has led and executed the design of previous successful games in the market
- You have designed, or been involved in the design, of 20+ games with a wide variety of machine types and math models
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of developing successful game concepts.
- Previously delivered top performing slot games for land based or online companies
- An advanced user of MS Excel, comfortable creating and adapting large and complex spreadsheets
- Worked with programming teams to create or adapt simulation programs.
- Knowledge of Rust programming language is a plus.
- Possess strong expertise in Combinatorics, Probability Theory and Statistics
- Knowledge of object-oriented program design
- A long-standing passion for playing games of multiple genres, and passion for slots and casino games
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills in English
If you feel you have the right combination of experience and skills to excel in this role, APPLY NOW!