A cutting edge and innovative online gaming brand is seeking a Head of Creative to lead a European multi-site creative team, defining and delivering the annual and ongoing creative direction for the brand. This is a unique opportunity for a talented, self-motivated and experienced multi-disciplined senior creative, using both exceptional online and offline marketing ideation and design skills to take ownership, evolve and execute the creative direction of the start-up style brand.
The successful candidate will lead the annual development and delivery of the brand’s creative strategy and assets, working directly with the Head of Brand Marketing in the London office (and external agencies as relevant – mainly on the annual ATL campaign), managing a copywriter in the UK and a European team of designers remotely.
As a Head of Creative your duties will include:
- Working with an external agency and the Head of Brand to develop a new 2019 ATL strategy across key ATL and digital acquisition and retention channels, including delivery of master assets for the key channels as defined in the 2019 media strategy but typically: TV, radio, OOH, programmatic display, paid/organic social, owned media (website and CRM / DM programme).
- Working with the team of internal designers and copywriter, lead the implementation and delivery of the master TTL creative strategy across key digital paid and owned acquisition and retention channels, creating the required assets based on the annual creative scope.
- Leading the design and execution of all tactical marketing and advertising assets across 3 markets – either through the team or yourself. Ensuring all assets are consistent with the master creative strategy and brand guidelines.
- Managing and developing a team of 1 copywriter in the UK, 3/ 4 designers in Europe ensuring workload is effectively managed and all internal / external delivery and quality deadlines are met.
- Developing content as required to meet the needs of the business, which may consist of either online or offline content but will typically be either digital display / social / CRM / Web based and video production for social / display and owned media channels, with some offline requirements.
- Defining and developing the longer term TTL creative direction for the brand.
- Contribute to idea generation and brainstorming sessions, proactively looking for ways to constantly improve and optimise marketing performance via creative innovation
- Report on the weekly/monthly/annual creative output for the brand, ensuring that high creative standards are being met across all channels and markets.
To be a successful Head of Creative you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous ATL / digital creative experience (5 years +) working ideally within a start-up environment and / or the online gaming industry, which must have been as a creative lead or in a senior creative position.
- Agency experience or working in house for a brand- experienced in working with external creative agencies and freelancers to develop and implement large scale TTL creative campaigns and smaller ongoing “bread and butter” daily creative assets.
- An exceptional eye for clean and original design and be competent in all facets of the design process.
- A strategic thinker able to develop strategic solutions and translate them into effective marketing solutions across multiple online and offline touchpoints.
- A natural conceptual artist / designer, with the majority of experience in digital marketing, but also with ATL experience who is able to work from brief / concept to final design delivery and doesn’t mind designing marketing comms materials.
- Experience in managing and motivating a team of designers / copywriters – ideally with some experience of copywriting themselves.
- Excellent skills in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Adobe Premier / final cut.
- A finger on the pulse of new industry trends and technologies.
As Head of Creative you will be in a key position within this growing company, at the forefront of this highly dynamic industry, receiving a competitive salary, pension contribution, private health care as well as bonuses.