The Head of Proprietary Product will be responsible for new features, product and service development and in-life product management for B2C products and services across the business, consisting mainly of bingo and casino games, and the websites on which they are offered to players. This role will also entail providing leadership and mentoring to highly skilled and motivated Product Owners within the team.
Responsibilities will include competitor analysis, player behaviour analysis and identifying opportunities in the online gaming world for improvements to existing offering, new features and products, along with overlooking internal development pipeline for all projects in the business, as well as the process for prioritisation of work, whilst maintain a close rapport with main stakeholders in business, and through transparency and metrics, promoting discussions that translate into a better delivery of business strategy.
- Make sure business strategy is met for client-facing products and ensure innovation is a constant in the teams’ pipeline
- Build and maintain fantastic stakeholder relationships at all levels within the business
- Work together with the UX and DEV departments to generate the best possible experience for players
- Performing as a line manager, promote personal and professional development of Product Owners within the team
- Build, maintain, articulate and champion the client-facing product vision and strategy in association with key stakeholders and the wider core product team
- Maintaining awareness of developments in the UK online bingo and instant games market
- Work closely with technical teams and partners where required in order to resolve any technical incidents associated with features, products and services
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in online bingo and instant games gambling and gaming
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Proactive attitude
- Excellent project and program management skills, delivering on time and budget
- Experience as a Product owner for online bingo or instant games platform, preferably both
- Experience in different software methodologies such as Agile, Lean, RUP, etc
- Proven record of projects delivered according to agreed standards and timelines, in fast paced environments
- Experience in Risk management for technical projects
- Experience managing multiple projects and teams at same time
- Ensuring that the department is aligned to the vision, values and strategy of the business
- Taking an active role in direct reports performance management including the completion of performance reviews
- Providing coaching, guidance and encouraging skill development within their team
- Able to challenge ways and working practices where standards are not met or could be improved
- Drive accountability across all functions
- Provide motivation, energy and innovation within their team
- Communicate information in a clear and open manner
- Act as a role model and set a good example
Our client is looking for a confident individual with a friendly personality, drive, energy and enthusiasm together with a strong personal commitment to the delivery of high standards in a timely, efficient and friendly manner.
A competitive salary of £70-£80K depending on experience, plus benefits, bounses and share options.
The opportunity to progress and excel in a leadership role which encourages collaboration and empowers staff as well as working in an organisation which develops its staff to achieve at the hightest levels, whilst having fun at the same time!