An online gambling brand, is looking to develop further by seeing the assistance of a part time PR manager to lead the development and delivery of the annual PR strategy for the brand across different product and markets. The role will be for 3 days per week.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly talented, self-motivated and experienced PR manager with exceptional consumer PR campaign management skills to come in and shape and define the company’s PR strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Brand Marketing, you will be working alongside internal marketing and creative teams as well as external specialist PR agencies.
They are looking for an energetic individual who has a strong understanding of PR. You should have a keen interest in casino products and be able to promote our client and their brand proposition in an engaging way through earned media activity.
- Review the current 2020 PR strategy, PR plans and performance of the existing retained agency and make any recommendations for the rest of the year/contract
- Lead the implementation of the remainder of the 2020 UK PR Strategy. Working with the Head of Brand Marketing and external PR agency, you will lead the implementation of a national PR strategy that complements and supports our brand and DR objectives, which can also be leveraged via our organic social media platforms.
- Manage and develop the relationship with the retained PR agency, including the management of any PR pitches that might be undertaken as we move into 2021 planning
- Lead the development of a 2021 strategy - ready to go-live in Jan 2021 including briefing current PR agency and/or other agencies (via a pitch)
- Overseeing PR content production (releases, videos, social media and online/offline PR stunts), drafting releases when necessary.
- Create PR campaigns that get extensive online coverage which benefit the company’s SEO ranking, and work closely with the SEO team to ensure that all such PR campaigns support the company’s SEO strategy and increase our SEO presence/reach
- Report on PR performance using agreed PR/SEO KPIs and manage and report on PR budget monthly
- Work with PR agency to promote the brand in a playful and positive way that will reach the right audiences, increasing overall reach and awareness via earned media.
- Monitor the earned media strategies of other online casinos/sports betting companies (and other verticals) in order to define best practice and use that insight to drive on-going PR strategy improvements.
- Work closely with the digital campaign manager to ensure that all PR campaigns are properly integrated with organic and paid social campaigns
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 years + experience in defining and delivering successful consumer PR campaigns/strategies, including the management of PR agencies
- A good understanding of social media channels specifically (Facebook, Instagram, Twitch) but also Twitter, LinkedIn) and their potential to extend the reach of PR campaigns
- Good understanding of PR strategy and delivery and how PR can positively impact brand perceptions such as brand awareness and consideration
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skillsGood understanding of UK culture and national and local media landscape
- Strong understanding of PR reporting measurement and KPIs and able to demonstrate how PR can support brand and acquisition and retention activity and how PR can support SEO
- Coming from client or agency side, a successful track record in implementing online gaming campaigns is an advantage but not mandatory
- Previous experience working in regulated industry with strict advertising codes sand regulatory pressure is an advantage
- Proven copywriting skills, the ability to write and approve/edit press releases and a track record in the creation and distribution of written, photography and video content through consumer PR campaigns
- Teamworking skills – the ability to build relationships internally and externally.
- Experience working with internal and external agencies (social media, creative/design)
- Confident, with strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication, Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills.
A competitive salary, healthcare and pension plan. The benefits of working within a successful and fast paced organisation where your voice is heard and you can truly make an impact.