Our Client is a dynamic and modern Brand, Marketing and Advertising agency. They plan, develop and create integrated campaigns across all channels, priding themselves on its ‘real world’ strategic thinking, using customer and business insight to fuel creativity and ensure a right-first-time approach.
They are now looking for an energetic and self-motivated social media manager to join our team.
You will be working alongside an integrated team of channel experts and generalists and be responsible for championing the fast paced and changing world of social media from planning, activation, management and reporting.
The Role of Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager is a critical role in their agency, which affords the opportunity to not only contribute to the client business but, also, to the development and evolution of an exciting agency; its proposition and creative offering.
They need an individual who is as comfortable in discussing a brief with a client, as with a member of our creative team as well as posessing endless energy for getting closer to their target consumers, understanding them and finding exciting ways to engage with them.
You’ll need to be:
- Truthful - honesty is their starting policy
- Unexpected - they like to keep things interesting
- Fearless - to try new things.
Responsibilities of the Social Media Manager
- Assist agency and its clients in managing and delivering social media campaigns across a range of sectors and their associated social media platforms
- Supporting account teams across integrated, multi-channel campaigns (where social media is one part)
- Incorporate brand planning and insight, content outreach, community management and traditional advertising insights
- Writing interrogating and exciting briefs
- Campaign planning and execution using 3rd party tools and direct social media platforms, as well as working with media agency
- Client presentations and collaboration
- Contributing to global projects and local campaign activation in a range of markets
- Competitor analysis and market reviews
- Championing social media and digital channels in the agency
Skills Needed for the Social Media Manager
- 2 – 3 years’ experience of working in a social media management role
- Experience across all significant social platforms - owned and paid
- Demonstrable knowledge of using social media management tools E.g. Spredfast, Hootsuit, Sprinklr, Buffer, Tweet Deck, Sprout etc
- Experience in using Google PPC and Display Network, Facebook and LinkedIn Ad planning tools desirable
- Experience of working with external media planning / buying agencies
- Experience with Google Analytics (GAIQ preferred) and bringing together multiple data analytics sources to make sense of them and draw strategic insights from user behaviour
- Knowledge of how to segment and adapt customer audiences
- Passionate about data and insight
- Ideally a basic understanding of HTML5 & CSS3
A salary of £37,000 plus 25 days holiday and pension contributions along with a highly collaborative and fun work environment.