An award winning, cutting edge and innovative online brand, is looking to hire a Social Media and PR Manager to develop its organic social platforms, grow its social media footprint and foster earned media opportunities through cutting edge B2C PR campaigns.
Reporting to the Head of Digital, you will be responsible for the development of the company’s organic social media and PR strategies, content and campaigns execution, working alongside internal marketing and creative teams as well as external specialist social media and PR agencies.
They seek an energetic individual who primarily lives and breathes social media, but also has a strong interest and understanding of PR. Ideally, you must be capable of managing and owning a successful Social media strategy across the online gaming vertical. You’ll have a keen interest in the production of virally engaging bespoke video content leveraging internal brand and games assets as well as externals assets such as social influencers. You will also have experience working with media and external PR agencies developing and delivering B2C PR campaigns.
Key Social Media responsibilities:
- Grow the client UK organic social media footprint through the development of social media strategic roadmap, creation of engaging content and active community management
- Deliver existing social retention and CRM activity as well as develop new campaigns to increase engagement of existing customers and ultimately drive them back to the site to increase their ROI
- Manage annual Social Media budgets for retention and branding activity, report and track ongoing spend vs targets and narrate any variants
- Be responsible for the content creation and execution for all content relating to the client’s channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch).
- Briefing internal design team on creation of design assets including video and stills as part of the content creation process.
- Make recommendations for new opportunities to engage with customers around our brand as required.
- Monitor day to day landscape for customer insight, tech and industry developments and sentiment and use that insight to drive on-going strategy and delivery enhancements.
- Monitor and report on brand sentiment across the relevant networks. Utilizing external social listening tools to drive branding and player communication strategy.
- Integrate social media into wider offline and PR campaign activity where appropriate, increasing its use as an awareness, communication and engagement channel whilst proving its commercial benefit.
- Host forums and workshops within Marketing. Join/host regular meetings with customer services to understand CS issues and share learnings and experiences.
- Aggregate, prioritise and distribute daily content (text, video, competitions and more) from partners, agencies , product teams and other suppliers as relevant
- Work with existing reporting tools, analytics and reporting software to analyze and report campaign results; using insights to drive further decision making and lead and advise the company in the use and evolution of these tools
- Work with the influencer agency to promote the brand in a playful and positive way that will reach the right audiences.
- Adhere to all gambling rules and regulations across all content
Key PR responsibilities:
- Support the creation and implementation of a 2019 UK PR Strategy. Working with the Head of Brand Marketing and external PR agencies, you will help build a national strategy that will complement and support the brand and DR objectives, which can also be leveraged via our organic social media platforms.
- This will also include supporting the Swedish Marketing Manager to develop and implement campaigns in Sweden.
- Plan and execute earned media campaigns that increase the client’s brand awareness, understanding and consideration within the B2C market
- Overseeing content production (releases, videos, social media and online/offline stunts)
- Report on performance using agreed PR KPIs
- Work with PR and Social Media agencies to promote the brand in a playful and positive way that will reach the right audiences, increasing overall reach and awareness via earned media.
- 3-5 years’ experience in developing social media strategies and campaign deployment either agency or client side. Proven track record of improving key social reach and engagement metrics
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in delivering successful PR campaigns/strategies
- Thorough understanding of channels specifically (Facebook, Instagram, Twitch) but also Twitter, LinkedIn) and their potential impact as an acquisition and retention tool, effect on brand perceptions and how social can enhance other online (and offline) media channels
- Good understanding of PR strategy and delivery and how PR can positively impact brand perceptions such as brand awareness and consideration
- Experience in writing press releases and other earned media content
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills
- Good understanding of UK culture and national and local media landscape
- Strong understanding of digital tracking, measurement and reporting tools – ability to analyze digital campaigns, demonstrate actionable insight and return on investment
- Coming for client or agency side, a successful track record in implementing online gaming campaigns is an advantage but not mandatory
- Proven copywriting skills and track record in the creation and distribution of photography and video content for the likes of Facebook live etc.
- Experience in appointing and working with external agencies and using dedicated digital and social media marketing technologies. I.e. Facebook Business Manager, video production, analytics etc.
- Teamworking skills – the ability to build relationships internally and externally. Experience working with internal and external agencies (social media, creative/design)
- Confident, with strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication, Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills. Solid attention to detail.
You will be benefiting from working and growing within a successful expanding organisation, offering a competitive salary, bonus, life insurance and a pension plan.