Our client is a global gambling brand looking for a Copywriter who can support the growth of its Bingo vertical. This is a unique opportunity for a highly talented, self-motivated and experienced digital copywriter, with strong ideation experience, digital banner, display and social banner copy experience.
The Role of Copywriter
Reporting to the Creative Lead, you will primarily be responsible for producing compelling copy and content for the bingo product, which drives engagement and revenue across a range of touch points, from customer emails and blogs to direct mail, social media and digital marketing channels. You will also support the London marketing team in the design and execution of other tactical marketing campaigns.
As an experienced Copywriter you will be required to:
- Work within the Design Team to create outstanding digital advertising content that engages and delivers commercial results.
- Write blogs, on a weekly/bi-weekly basis that incorporate chosen SEO keywords and effective meta titles/descriptions, primarily for the bingo product but also for casino as required.
- Create ongoing fun, catchy Bingo CRM campaigns, using key information/facts provided in briefing process.
- Write copy and provide ideation for onsite banners and web copy, programmatic digital display and paid social banners in the UK and other markets in Europe and worldwide, primarily for the bingo product but also for casino as required.
- Work closely with the Bingo team, digital marketing team, SEO teams, CRM teams, development teams as well as external agencies, primarily on the bingo product but also for casino as required.
- The Bingo Team to create supporting content for a range of promotions, acquisition, retention and community-focused campaigns, and new product features.
- The digital marketing and SEO teams to support the acquisition of new customers and increased share of spend for existing players
- The CRM team to create CRM email copy, which delivers high numbers of open CTRs, registrations and deposits, for both prospect and existing customer email campaigns
- The development teams to support the launch of new products & features, and optimise UX.
- Internal teams and external SEO agencies to create content which supports immediate and longer-term SEO strategies
The ideal copywriter will have:
- Exceptionable copywriting, editorial and proofreading skills as well as creative writing skills with an ability to produce innovative and original ideas.
- Demonstrable experience of effective long and short copy, primarily in digital channels with a minimum of 3 years experience as a copywriter in B2C marketing.
- A good understanding of and experience in writing copy which follows SEO best practices as well as in offline channels i.e. Direct Mail and ATL.
- Knowledge of content strategy as well as creation and planning.
- Experience in creating content that has delivered tangible results, while adapting your copy to a unique brand tone of voice, and for specific audiences.
- Experience of CRM-driven acquisition & retention, and digital marketing techniques.
- Great follow-up and reporting skills while also being deadline-oriented without compromising on quality.
- Teamworking skills – the ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. internally and externally.
- Experience working with internal and external agencies (creative/Dm/design).
- Confidence with strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Solid attention to detail and outstanding high-quality content.
- Excellent understanding of the importance of an analytical and data-led approach to predicting and measuring the effectiveness of content.
- Ability to discuss content at a senior level within the business, while being able to challenge the status quo if it can benefit the business.
- Great project management skills.
Additional advantageous experience and skills:
- Understanding of how content feeds into commercial outcomes.
- Basic knowledge of gambling compliance and social responsibility.
- Good understanding of UK culture and national and local media landscape.
- A successful track record in implementing online gaming campaigns whether agency or client side is an advantage but not mandatory.
A hugely exciting opportunity to own this bingo copywriting space and become a key player in the building of the bingo vertical within this dynamic organisation. A competitive salary along with bonus, private health care and pension.