Our highly successful global gambling client, currently in a phase of expansion, is looking to hire a Country Marketing Manager to head up their Swedish marketing team.
The successful candidate’s core responsibility will be the evolution and growth of the companies Swedish Product and overall P&L. With the support of the central team, you will be responsible for planning and delivering digital and ATL marketing campaigns, which focus on acquiring new players and retaining and maximizing LTV from our existing player base and overseeing and managing all required future product development in the Swedish Market
- Manage relationships with UK and Swedish digital performance agencies with the support of the internal UK based central digital marketing team as required to deliver the digital strategy across acquisition, branding and retention campaigns.
- Provide proposals for approval for each new digital campaign comprising of overall strategy/ Forecast KPIs etc. for approval prior to booking and evaluating these together with the support of the UK central digital marketing team.
- Liaise with the UK central digital marketing and BI teams to present high level weekly and monthly performance reports on campaign and channel levels showing performance vs targets, including reporting on spend, Cost Per acquisition, Customer Lifetime Value and ROI. Using the data contained with the reports to optimize marketing budget spend/allocation and business profitability.
- Approve Swedish digital performance invoices, with the support of the UK central digital marketing and internal accounting teams.
- Lead the development of Swedish specific DIGITAL creative – working with internal studio and external marketing/creative agencies to brief and develop the creative.
- Monitoring of competitor & market performance IN SWEDEN relating to ATL
- Manage relationships with Swedish based ATL media buying agency.
- Working with the ATL media planning and buying agency to provide TV proposals for approval for each campaign comprising of channel split, TRP delivery, Daypart, second length etc. for approval prior to booking.
- Working with the ATL agency to produce TV post-campaign reports after each campaign evaluating performance vs targets.
- Approve Swedish digital performance invoices, with the support of the UK central marketing and internal accounting teams.
- Lead the development of Swedish specific ATL creative – working with external agencies as required to brief and develop the creative (localizing the global creative platform) and developing any bespoke ATL creative required.
Market Specific - Sweden
- Monitoring of competitor product, digital and ATL marketing activity IN SWEDEN, including the regular (quarterly) reporting of the above
- Working in collaboration with marketing agencies and our internal BI team, ownership and responsibility for defining and hitting business KPIs and targets.
- Own the country’s media planning and budgeting across all channels and P&L, including providing monthly reports of spend vs forecast etc.
- Work together with the UK central marketing team to lead the annual and the quarterly cross channel media planning and budgeting process for digital and ATL channels in Sweden – including media and non-media forecasts for the year – revised quarterly
- Liaise with the central digital marketing team and external agencies as required to build a 12-month Digital and ATL marketing plan with clear short-term & long-term goals, as part of the above process – then deliver the plan over the following months
- Ownership of periodic marketing campaigns and business KPI reporting– pulling out relevant business and specifically focusing on digital and ATL campaign performance related commentary– both from an acquisition and retention POV.
- Work collaboratively with internal design, games, product, tech, UX/UI teams to help test and deliver ad hoc product requirements to ensure we have a competitive casino and bingo product offering
- Manage Swedish copywriter and digital marketing executive – setting PDP & objectives/workload, approving their copy and managing and mentoring them etc.
Skills and Capabilities
A candidate with strong ATL and sufficient digital knowledge of the media landscape. Swedish Gambling experience is a strong preference. Otherwise, working for high volume transaction digital/ e-commerce business in a similar industry.
- 3+ years Marketing/country manager experience ideally in a similar role within the online gambling industry with experience in product development, online/offline marketing and P&L management at a country level
- Proven knowledge of the digital marketing space including relationships with agencies and media owners. Good overall understanding of all digital and mobile channels, - I.e., programmatic display/paid and organic social/PPC/in App etc. and their contribution to the overall acquisition and retention funnels.
- 3+ years ATL Campaign Management experience (either agency or client side) with specific experience directly managing ATL creative and media agencies and experience developing and implementing ATL marketing campaigns (both media planning and creative development.
- Excellent analytical skills. Proficient with marketing budget setting and management.
- Good/sufficient understanding of usability and design principles to feed into testing of creative and landing pages.
- End to end understanding and track record of setting up, managing and meeting clear ROI targets across paid search, social and programmatic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Swedish. Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills. Solid attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work in fast-paced environment with colleagues and stakeholders based in various countries. Confident, with strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and experience of balancing multiple projects at once
- Analytical, data and performance driven mindset. The ability to analyse marketing campaigns and draw out actionable insight is desirable.
- Join a successful, fast-growing international business as the senior on the ground figure in Sweden
- Diverse future career growth opportunities for strong performers