Our client is looking for a Computer Security Specialist to maintain, document and enhance their security systems.
You will be responsible for preventing unauthorized access to their data and responding to privacy breaches.
In this role, you should be knowledgeable about suitable security frameworks and systems in financial institutions.
Responsibilities of the Cyber Secruity Specialist
- Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Perform a business impact analysis and develop a service continuity plan
- Plan for disaster recovery and document contingency plans in the event of any security breaches
- Track vulnerabilities and collaborates with internal network teams to ensure closure of vulnerabilities
- Create new defensive systems and protocols
- Seeking to build in security during the development stages of software systems, networks and data centres
- Building firewalls into network infrastructures
- Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity
- Test and evaluate security products
- Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them
- Engage in 'ethical hacking', for example, simulating security breaches
- Investigate security alerts and provide incident response
- Generate reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
- Maintain an information security risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to information security
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues
- Give advice and guidance to staff on issues such as spam and unwanted or malicious emails.
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and security
- An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them
- A good working knowledge of various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and assess risks, threats, patterns and trends
- Team working skills in order to collaborate with team members and clients
- Verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other relevant individuals
- Written communication skills, for example to document processes and procedures and to write technical reports
- Time-management and organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- An ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand.
- Problem solver and quick decision maker
- 3-5 years Cyber Security experiene in a financial service setting, FCA.
- Cyber /information/network security
- Computer science
- Computing and information systems
- Software/electrical/network engineering
- Mathematics or Physics
- Other IT/security/network-related degrees