A leading and expanding brand in the gaming industry is looking for a Design Team Lead to assist the Creative Lead in the delivery and approval of all digital creative outputs.
As the Design Team Lead will be working directly with the Creative Lead, internal designers ( UK based ), copywriters & other business stakeholders.
You will be monitoring all project timings, schedules, briefs and following up creative tasks that are set, with creative and QC approvals that adhere to the brand guidelines and the creative strategy. You will also be responsible for ideation and creative development across specific assigned tasks.
The ideal candidate should have a keen eye for detail, have extensive digital creative experience, knowledge of branding/ brand ID and overall experience of working within internal creative processes from creative briefs to execution with design and QA precision.
You will collaborate on projects using Click Up and MS Teams and ensure that creative templates & brand standards are upheld throughout all markets.
A typical day is split between leading projects, mentoring team members, and advocating design thinking in all directions.
Responsibilities for the Design Team Lead
- Lead the design and production of digital creative for all their clients global markets where required.
- Mentor and manage DR designers / Conduct weekly 121s / Objective setting / Performance reviews
- Review requests/briefs, sizing and assigning the work to UK direct reports.designers
- Review & approve marketing design outputs from the UK designers (hero banners, CRM banners, landing pages, social media and programmatic (animated and static) digital banners, OOH, print, merchandise and Direct Mailers) and ensure they answer the design brief whilst complying to internal templates and the company brand guidelines for the Creative Lead’s final approval.
- Pragmatically approach projects to ensure both creative and business needs are met.
- Regularly collaborate with marketing/design department.
- Keep project stakeholders well briefed on current timings, status and potential issues.
- Follow & police the company's brand guidelines, Brand tone-of-voice and compliance guidelines across all creative.
- Instigate & lead project kickoff meetings with designers and stakeholders and lead the project from concept & ideation through to client approval & QCing of final outputs.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate an outstanding digital marketing design portfolio demonstrating wider strategic design thinking in their projects and outstanding ideation skills
- Extensive experience with web page design and front-end development/ css/ js/ dhtml.
- Collaborate and communicate well with all team members as well as colleagues below above and adjacent to them.
- Be an innovator in your field, equally talented in analytics and creativity.
- Capable of looking at the big picture and diving into details.
- Possess the ability to solve difficult design problems and create frameworks from these design solutions.
- Be an inspiring leader with deep insights into the personal motivations of their team members along with the ability to lead a design team through influence and inspiration.
- Able to shift from planning projects to planning programs with ease.
- Proven processes and frameworks for complex design problems.
- Experience interacting with and influencing cross-functional teams.
- Continuously explore new practices and patterns for your problem-solving toolkit.
- Guide creative teams in the creation of creative assets for digital, print, social, and video projects.
- Microsoft 365 applications
- Project management platform (Jira/ ClickUp)
- Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Dreamweaver/ or equivalent HTML developer application.
Working with an exceptionally talented design team and innovative business.
Hybrid working, competitive salary + annual bonus
Free private healthcare, life insurance cover and pension
Career progression in an expanding organisation.