Our client is an innovative and successful global gambling brand looking for a Performance Marketing Team Lead with a proven track record in leading performance marketing at a high level.
The Role of Performance Marketing Team Lead
You will find yourself working closely with internal teams as well as directly with platforms to ensure best-in-class search and paid social campaigns in extremely crowded markets. As well as being an expert in performance marketing, our client is looking for someone with strong leadership qualities who can lead and further develop the team and is comfortable managing and motivating a team for success. You will report to the Head of Digital but will act as an internal agency to digital managers and country managers.
Key responsibilities for the Performance Marketing Team Lead
- Lead the development and delivery of the annual PPC/ASA/UAC and Paid Social marketing strategies for the in-housed markets
- Lead the budgeting, forecasting and reforecasting processes for the in-house activity by presenting media plans to the relevant digital managers, Head of Digital, the CMO, the CEO and the relevant Country Managers for approval
- Liaise with the in-house ‘delivery’ team on the successful implementation of the approved media plans and reporting back on monthly basis by reviewing the forecasted vs. actuals performance
- Deliver and execute monthly, quarterly and annual marketing plans for PPC/ASA/UAC and Paid Social campaigns together with the in-house ‘delivery’ team across the in-housed markets
- Manage successfully the ongoing performance/optimization and weekly/monthly reporting of the above campaigns to the relevant stakeholder, to ensure the company hits the annual targets for each channel and geo
- Proceed with daily/weekly/monthly auditing of the in-housed campaigns by supplying feedback on improvements to channel managers of the in-housed activity and reporting back to the Head of Digital, CMO and CEO on performance updates
- Identify and test new channels outside of their existing marketing mix to add scale to the performance plans – this includes the development of test plans
- Work with the Marketing Analytics and BI teams to identify and provide evidence on assisted conversions across all relevant platforms
- Work with the head of digital to build and get approved a migration plan for the in-housing of more markets and channels across 2024
- The ongoing mentoring and development of direct reports ensuring they are correctly trained in tech and platform developments in order to evolve and scale the channels successfully.
- Work with the Marketing Analytics and BI teams to identify profitable customer segments and develop performance strategies to target those segments across relevant performance channels
- Identify opportunities for increased automation and efficiency through increased and more automated technical solutions
- Work closely with BI and the marketing analytics teams to identify cost saving opportunities
- Develop and evolve campaign tracking and measurement systems to ensure we understand the performance of our campaigns accurately
Skills and Experience of the Performance Marketing Team Lead
- Experience leading the development and delivery of the annual PPC/ASA/UAC and Paid Social marketing strategies, either agency or client side.
- Hands and strategic experience in marketing performance, across all performance marketing platforms
- Experience and knowledge of the gambling industry
- Experience in building and maintaining a talented performance marketing team
- Expert understanding of digital tracking, measurement, and reporting tools and forecasting
- Team working skills – the ability to build relationships internally and externally, and experience working across multiple countries is also beneficial
- Strong organizational skills and experience of balancing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy, and best practice
- Must be at the cutting edge of search innovation with an awareness of platform changes, ideally with nurtured contacts already within Apple, Facebook, and Google
- Must have the ability to drive complex strategies but also to explain them to nurture junior members of staff and non-digital stakeholders
- You will require strong analytical acumen with the ability to uncover insights and create stories by seamlessly integrating a variety of data sources
- While this is a senior role, we also want someone who still understands the platforms and is comfortable rolling their sleeves up to help the team out if necessary.
- 24 days annual holiday, plus additional days after 3 years’ service
- Work to life balance: 3 days in office, 2 days working from home
- Competitive salary + annual bonus (after completion of probation)
- Free private healthcare, life insurance cover and pension after successful completion of probation
- Fun team socials
- Complementary fruits and snacks