Our client is a rapidly growing, cutting edge and innovative start-up, in its first exciting round of fundrasing, urgently looking for their Head of Marketing to build and deliver the UK ATL and digital strategy.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly talented, self-motivated marketer to take ownership of the end to end planning and execution of digital & ATL campaigns as the team and product proposition continue to grow and develop.
As the first marketing hire of an early-stage startup, this role requires wearing multiple hats and directing multiple streams.
Ideally, they are looking for someone who can drive and deliver under Communications and Brand Marketing functions.
The successful candidate will work directly with the C-suite team and have experience in identifying and developing opportunities with new and existing agency partners. The candidate should have both B2B & B2C marketing skills, as well as relevant industry knowledge. They will need experience working with internal teams, with hands-on management of the creative process. They will need to be extremely data driven, with the ability to evaluate campaigns and creative, to make optimisations based on performance.
As a well-funded startup, they are prioritizing speed over extreme frugality and expect the Head of Marketing to get things done through trusted external collaborators i.e. agencies, freelancers, part-time roles.
- Develop and manage the B2C marketing strategy of aiming to rapidly build market share by driving customer acquisition and increasing customer retention through digital & ATL activity
- Develop and manage end-to-end influencer campaigns focusing on the UK region including framing the campaign strategy, curating talent, negotiating rates, managing contract development, influencer relations and measurement
- Management of a mixed channel budget with agreed acquisition and ROI targets
- Meet targets for weekly and monthly acquisition performance, including reporting and analysis
- Use data analysis to providing recommendations and drive future digital & ATL marketing initiative
- Build & maintain a network of influencers, talent and tastemakers across the UK region to create partnership opportunities for the business and help them leverage emerging trends
- Develop direct relationships with digital agencies including negotiating costs to maximize profitability
- Work directly with Google, Facebook, TikTok & Instagram and other external parties to drive efficiency and harness their technology as effectively as possible
- Work directly with ATL and OOH external parties to drive efficiency and harness their technology as effectively as possible
- Manage primary online and offline acquisition channels including ad networks, paid search, social, programmatic, ATL and OOH marketing activity
- Manage the creative development and execution of marketing assets, including testing and optimisation, this may involve direct management of internal and external design resource
- Manage the conversion funnel, including planning, coordinating and executing AB/MVT testing to ensure effectiveness of campaigns
- Perform relevant research to understand the industry, their customers and competitors
- Manage digital data flow between our client and external partners with an understanding of tracking/pixels/cookies and the ability to brief development teams
- Maintain full awareness and understanding of appropriate legislation for relevant media channels and ensure activity is fully compliant with legislation
- Maintain advanced industry knowledge and full awareness of our client's direct and indirect competitors.
- 5-7 years Digital Campaign Management, including ROI based performance marketing, specifically within the influencer marketing industry
- 2-3 years ATL campaign management, including ROI based performance marketing.
- In depth knowledge of the media space including relationships with agencies and media owners. The ideal candidate would have worked in a multidiscipline marketing structure where digital channels are used to leverage and benefit from ATL campaigns
- Thorough understanding of all digital channels (including mobile) and their potential impact as an acquisition and retention tool
- Experience in developing and executing media plans supported by strong creative execution
- Ability to manage campaigns from beginning to end, including forecasting and performance analysis
- Strong understanding of digital tracking, measurement and reporting tools – ability to analyse digital campaigns and draw out actionable insight
- Understanding of usability and design principles to feed into testing of creative and landing pages
- End to end understanding and track record of setting up, managing and meeting clear ROI targets across ATL, OOH, paid search, social and programmatic
- Experience in directly managing and working with media, marketing and creative agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication, Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills. Solid attention to detail
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
- Team Working skills – the ability to build relationships internally and externally. Experience working with internal and external agencies
- Previous budget management experience
- Confident, with strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills and experience of balancing multiple projects as one
A salary of up to £80,000 plus the opportunity to play a key part in the development of this very innovative organisation.