Are you an experienced HR Advisor looking to utilise your knowledge in a flexible, extremely fulfilling position?
Our client is a charity providing education and support for children and adults with learning difficulties. They are committed to equal opportunities and safeguarding children and adults and expect all staff to share in this ethic. The friendly and professional team are based in North London within close reach of major transport links and nearby parking.
Reporting directly to the HR Manager, the HR Advisor will advise the Charity Directors and Managers, with receiving support from the HR Administrator.
You will be part of a small, friendly and professional team who are highly motivated to enable employees to fulfil the charity’s mission of enabling each service user to lead a fulfilling life.
The working week consists of 35 core hours; Monday to Thursday 9-5.30 with 45 minutes for lunch, with a half day on Friday (9-1). Flexibility will be considered for the right person across 24-35 hours over 4-5 days. There is no evening work outside these hours.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Providing professional HR support and advice to managers, including issues of discipline, grievance, sickness absence, attendance and performance management
- Undertaking formal case work in all aspects of employee relations activity up until dismissal
- Developing good working relationships with Managers and gaining a good understanding of their service needs/business plans to provide appropriate HR responses
- Advising on general queries from Managers on the interpretation of HR policies
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of employment legislation and implementation of professional HR best practice
- Contributing to HR policy development in line with current legislation and best practice
- Participating in HR project work
- Checking Payroll on a monthly basis using Sage Payroll
- Supporting L&D throughout the organisation
- Supporting the whole recruitment process, including liaison with agencies
- Managing change, including restructures and redundancy situations.
- Be willing to cover for colleagues when required and take responsibility for HR administration tasks in the absence of the HR Administrator. This includes but is not limited to; producing contracts, references, DBS and visa checks, training administration, updating the intranet and processing leavers
You will be a highly motivated and proactive HR Advisor with solid generalist HR experience. You will have the confidence to work independently born from your professional knowledge.
Required skills and attributes
- Strong general HR knowledge including specialist knowledge of employee relations and employment practices
- Minimum 3 years’ advisor level experience
- Educated to degree level
- Experience in complex disciplinary, absence and ill health issues
- Experience of recruitment and selection
- Excellent communication both written and spoken
- Strong people skills, with the ability to mediate and achieve positive problem resolution
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently on multiple and complex issues, prioritising workload under pressure
- Good numeracy skills
- IT confident
- Strict attention to detail
- High level of integrity
- A team player, flexible and adaptable
- Reliable, trustworthy, abiding by strict confidentiality at all times
- Tactful, diplomatic, respectful of a wide range of people
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Dedicated to achieving the best for the Charity and the people the Charity supports. Able, unequivocally to respect, support, promote and upkeep the best practice regarding confidentiality, safeguarding and non-discriminatory practice and work upheld by the Charity
Desirable skills and attributes
- Knowledge of HR related Ofsted and CQC requirements
- Previous experience in care / educational sectors
- Experience of Sage Payroll and Sage HR
- CIPD qualified or equivalent (recognising that skills and experience hold equal value)
What is on offer?
- £30k pro rata salary
- Flexible hours for the right candidate – 25-35 hours over 4/5 days
- Generous holiday and early closing Friday
- Very high work satisfaction from playing a significant role in a dynamic and vital charity
At GNB Partnership we value your application and ensure that our dealings are strictly confidential. Please send your CV or contact Daniella Winton should you wish to speak with us prior to sending your CV. We look forward to hearing from you.