A highly successful organisation in the betting and gaming space is looking for an Operational Compliance Officer to join their London office.
You will be supporting the oversight of the internal procedures and controls put in place by the company, to meet its regulatory requirements as well as its internal policies, strategies, visions and values. You will also be a member of the Data Protection Team as part of the operating governance framework, with responsibility for ensuring the risks associated with GDPR and other relevant legislation are identified and mitigated.
As an Operational Compliance Officer, your duties will include:
- Taking responsibility for supporting the business and its strategy by designing procedures and controls to meet both the regulatory requirements and the internal policies of the business, which might be wider than just their regulatory obligations.
- Evaluating the regulatory and financial crime compliance and other risks and develop strategies through the design of internal procedures and controls to mitigate those risks.
- Providing guidance to the board of directors, senior management, staff, and employees on the internal procedures and controls.
- Developing internal policies.
- Assisting the production of reports to be submitted on a regular basis [normally monthly] on the status of its internal procedures and controls, including their design and effectiveness.
- Participating in the operational committee, which reports to the Board of Directors and to the Business Risk Assessment Panel as part of the operating governance framework.
- Participating in the monthly panels and following up as the main link between various departments.
- Managing and owning the internal and external regulatory relationship risks
- Supporting in the analysis of new and proposed legislation that impacts company operation and initiate appropriate action plans to ensure that procedure and controls meet these requirements.
- Assisting and collaborating with other departments, and where required, operating governance committees to monitor the enforcement of the company’s procedures and controls.
- Engaging fully, as required, in external audits and assessments conducted by the UK Gambling Commission and any other regulatory bodies or third-party audit companies.
- Assisting in devising staff training in all procedures and controls.
- Supporting in reporting breaches, complaints and other incidents to the appropriate committees for onwards reporting to internal and external bodies.
- Ensuring the compliance of responsible gaming protocols.
To be a successful Operational Compliance Officer, you will have the following skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience in the egaming industry would be strongly preferred.
- Self-motivated, proactive and have the ability to work within a team in a multi-geographical environment.
- Strong organisational skills to operate effectively in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
- Good communication skills with the ability to form good working relationships at all levels.
- The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Membership of a professional organisation is preferable.
In return, an Officer will receive a salary of 50-60k plus life insurance, income protection, private medical insurance and a whole host of other benefits.…