Trust and Statutory Fundraising Executive – Charity Sector
Our client is a well-respected established charity working with young adults with learning difficulties, helping them to lead on independent life and to be active within their community. Their belief is that a person with learning difficulties has the right to a quality education, a home of their own, a job with a living wage and a full social life.
The Trust and Statutory Fundraising Executive will report to Head of Fundraising, Marketing and Communications.
This role is responsible for generating income from Trusts, Foundations and Statutory sources to fund the work of our client and its projects and initiatives.
The position also includes planning for new programmes and approaches requiring:
- Achieving or exceeding financial thoroughly tailored fundraising proposals
- Frequent contact at a range of levels, including the most senior, with; Funders (specifically Trusts, Foundations, Local authorities, National government and Lottery) as well as Ambassadors and Trustees
- Help to support the Major Donor Fundraising campaign with research and planning
- Willingness to take on administration and other tasks as required by the fundraising and marketing teams
- Meet agreed income and profitability targets
- Develop new and existing business through research, networking, identifying and responding to leads and working closely with colleagues across the charity
- Research, write and present funding bids, proposals and documentation and organise the attendance of relevant internal and external stakeholders at pitches and meetings
- Carry out all necessary due diligence
- Keep abreast of relevant developments, legislation and networks
Working as key team player
- Work with colleagues to ensure effective reporting and deployment of funding received
- Work with colleagues to ensure that our clients reputation and brand values are maintained and strengthened
- Use their CRM database system (Donorfy) to log and maintain relevant and accurate data as required by organisational processes
Planning, monitoring and reporting
- Contribute to internal planning and budget setting, setting out a clear strategy for income generation from the Trust and Statutory world
- Contribute to forecasting and regular reporting, both internally and to trustees
The Ideal candidate
- Demonstrable evidence of being driven, ambitious and willing to play an intrinsic role in the growth of our client
- Previous successful fundraising in the charitable world and target achievement
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Excellent pitching and presentation skills, comfortable with the “ask” of donations, comfortable engaging with donors
- Ability to use fundraising databases and IT skills
- Experience of writing Trust & Foundation proposals or other statutory funding proposals
- Experience of engaging with committees/Board of Trustees
- Time Management - the ability to multitask and prioritise work across varied deadlines
- Flexible and proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to adapt to working in a small, ambitious environment
- Demonstrative passion for the missions and values of the charity
You will receive and competitive salary
An excellent fulfilling working environment where you really do have the possibility to make a difference
Working hours of 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday with some flexibility, including some out of hours work for relevant meetings.
Some travel to appointments in London and occasionally Regionally.